Sleep disruptions and disorders are not good for your body and mind. It affects your way of thinking and mood. It makes you angry and agitated. It prevents you from focusing on your daily tasks and makes your body frail. And this is an alarming situation in mental health in Natick, Massachusetts.
Insomnia is one of the sleep conditions that affect many people. It is when a person experiences difficulty sleeping or waking up earlier (or during the night), yet it is hard to fall asleep again. And the causes of sleeplessness can be stress, trauma, worries, discomfort, jet lag, taking caffeine, and overstimulation before bedtime. Mental health issues may also be a factor.
How to avoid this sleeping problem? We have some tips below.
- Avoid overeating and take coffee, chocolate, and alcohol before sleeping.
- Keep the room dimmer, cozy, comfortable, and well-ventilated.
- Stop using any gadget or watching TV at least 30 minutes before bedtime.
- Be physically active during the day.
- Resolve your problems one at a time, and stop thinking about them while in bed.
When you think your case is chronic, do not hesitate to seek help. There are available interventions such as taking medications, undergoing Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and anything your doctor may recommend.
Or you can seek help from us at Community Mental Health (CMH). We can be your conduit to communities providing aid and mental health services and will share advanced knowledge about mental wellness.